Feeding the machine

A lot of people ask me about my diet, so I figured it would make a good blog post… plus my mind’s on food right now anyway because it’s lunchtime.

When I was younger, I was pretty fat. I’d have ice cream all the time, tons of pizza, a few Big Macs a week… heck, once in a while I would even sit down with a tub of frosting and a spoon and chow down. After I graduated from college, though, I realized that I was treating my body like shit, so I joined a gym and started eating healthier food. And it paid off. I started looking better, feeling better… and most importantly, feeling better about myself. When I ate well, I felt good. And I continue to eat well to this day… because I love feeling good! Plus, as Dirk is fond of saying, when you’re in good shape, sex is even more fun. :mrgreen:

I don’t maintain as strict a regimen as some of my friends, measuring out calories and whatnot; I just employ common sense when making food choices throughout the day, and try to space my meals out rather than binging all at once. Here’s a typical Jackman dietary day:

• 8 am: Breakfast! If Dirk’s around, he usually whips up some scrambled eggs for us… but when I’m on my own, protein shake it is, cuz I hate to cook. I’ll have 2 scoops of protein powder, water, a banana, and a couple tablespoons of Metamucil (don’t laugh!) blended in my fabulously-indispensable Magic Bullet. I’ll also have a few scoops of cottage cheese if I’m extra hungry.
    • 11 am: Spinach salad with some grilled chicken or lean beef on top and assorted veggies like broccoli, edamame, or zucchini thrown in. I like plain old balsamic vinegar for my dressing – none of that calorie-laden creamy stuff for me! Sometimes I’ll have a Builder Bar for dessert. The mint chocolate-flavored ones are my favorite.
    • 3 pm: Getting hungry again! I’ll either have a bowl of brown rice with a can of tuna mixed into it, or head to Whole Foods and eat an entire package of raw tofu hot dogs. You may think that’s gross, but I love ’em… really! And they’re a great source of protein.
    • 6 pm: Nearly gym time. Back to the Magic Bullet for some Greek yogurt, protein powder, water, and ice, all blended together to make a delicious yogurt smoothie… or if I’m at Starbucks, one of their spinach and feta wraps does the job nicely.
    • 9 pm: Home from the gym. Two chicken breasts grilled in my George Foreman, topped with low-fat cheese and tomato sauce, served over brown rice or quinoa with a side of steamed broccoli. (After the Magic Bullet, my George Foreman and my fuzzy logic rice cooker are my most prized culinary possessions.) If I’m feeling lazy, I’ll order a teriyaki chicken wrap from a Boston-based burrito chain and pick it up on the way home, but I make sure they use a whole wheat tortilla and brown rice.

That’s about it! Of course, I can’t guarantee that this diet will deliver a better body or help you have better sex. All I can tell ya is that I eat this way and I feel fantastic! And the sex is pretty fucking amazing.

1. Greg Houlle
    Greg Houlle says:

U are great stud and personally I know Fraçois Sagat.
    Fisting is not my stuff, as well as François that I often se here in France, has a wonderfull bubble butt and would like to know If U make only movies for him ….or like him also a buddy or to LIVE and have good friendship funny times ?
    François is Slick-it-Up addict but U in leather (what will not alway’s say “SM”) U are gorgeous and
    LIKE UR provovative squirmings…. really deeptrought suckable U …;)

2. Erik
    Erik says:

Would love to get back in the gym, but I am hesitant about the gym I can get to, since it is cluttered together instead of spread out. Have 18in neck, Can’t rmember if it 39/60 on guns and legs from the top or bottom, and have like a 60in wingspan. Chest and gut could use some work, but concerned about angering other lifters with bench on top of (near) where the squatter could possibly get his legs scarred.

3. David
    David says:

awesome article ..thanks for sharing. I need to get back to the gym. i’m going to be getting married in 2016 and with your food plan as a base. i’m sure I can get myself if top shape for my wedding and have pretty amazing sex on my wedding night..thanks again..

You’re welcome! Remember, training is a marathon, not a sprint. Consistency is key. You’ll have good days and bad days, but just KEEP GOING and you’ll do great. Good luck!

4. Todd
    Todd says:

After a serious illness that robbed me of 50lbs of muscle. I’m always trying to find advice on “diets” to put on weight.
    I was glad to see you cared enough about your fans to post your eating habits.
    I hope I can put the weight back on.
    Thanks for sharing Jesse, this proves you’re not just a pretty face.
    Todd

5. rhonda
    rhonda says:

I love tofu , just not anything made from tofu and called something else . I like to slice it and sautee it in a pan with some cooking spray and maybe some low sodium soy sauce and then add in other Chinese veg or lay on top of a simple salad , its very important to watch the diet and calorie intake as we get older as our metabolism doesn’t work the way it did when we were in out 20s . thanks for your post about watching it .

• Jimmie Matthews
      Jimmie Matthews says:

Thank you so very much Jesse!This is an awakening for me indeed!I recently had my gall bladder removed and although I excersize daily I developed terrible eating patterns of junkie food or whatever I could grab just to satisfy my appetite.It left me with a little spare tire that I hate.I hope to get rid of that soon!You’re a beautiful looking man and possess a wonderful personality to boot!Again,thanks for taking the time out of your busy day!

1. […] see what I could bake from the limited ingredients that Dirk and I had on hand in our kitchen. We usually eat scrambled eggs and grilled chicken, and certainly don’t bake very often, so our pantry is […]