OMG, we’re in Ireland!

Clontarf Castle

I’ve been wanting to come here my whole life… and now here we are! Dirk and I arrived in Dublin this morning, treated ourselves to an Irish breakfast, and something called a brack… and if you read the Halloween portion of the Wikipedia article on bracks, you may find it interesting that I got the ring.

Gold Ring

Now we’re at the hotel. We’re resting before heading into town… but I have a feeling we won’t be resting for much longer.

Evil Hotel Grin

Much more from the Emerald Isle to come!

1. Liz
    Liz says:

Now you have the ring – you know what the next step is. 😉
    I hope you, Dirk and your mom have a fantastic time in Europe.

2. Kennan
    Kennan says:

That look in the mirror said it all, or should I say “says” it all! Someone wants breakfast served in bed and he wants it now! I hope you two have a great time on vacation as you both truly deserve it!

3. Frank Knottyfor
    Frank Knottyfor says:

Be sure to look to the LEFT before stepping off a curb (or, as they spell it, kerb). And the Round-A-Bouts go clockwise, not counter-clockwise as in the States.

And have a great time!

• Frank Knottyfor
      Frank Knottyfor says:

Oops!! My bad!! Look to your RIGHT before crossing the street.

You actually ate a traditional Irish breakfast?? And lived to tell the tale (for those who’ve never had the dubious pleasure, a traditional Irish breakfast is largely deep fried and running with grease).

That’s a pretty big difference, Frank! 😉 No worries, I used to live in Australia way back when so I’m used to driving on the left. And yes, I love a good Irish breakfast! There’s a pub near our house in Boston that serves a great one. Definitely not an everyday indulgence, though!

4. Timothy
    Timothy says:

Welcome to Ireland! Hope ye have a wonderful time! Enjoy and have a blast! Stay away from the Guinness! Lol!!! If u come to Limerick look us up! 0877746450

5. Liz
    Liz says:

Ireland!! OMG! My most favorite place on earth. Dublin was great, but get out into the country. See the greenest grass in the whole world and the sheep that live there. Cliffs Of Mohr—unbelievable. The west coast of Ireland was ….well, I want to move there one day. Kerry, Galway, Shannon….Simply gorgeous. Enjoy your time. It’s fantastic. Oh and make sure you ask for the salt & pepper. Don’t know why, but they really don’t season their food. And the pop is always warm. Never understood…..but the grass!!! 🙂

We leave for Galway on Sunday morning and will be there for three days! So many of my Irish friends recommended it that we couldn’t resist. Staying in TripAdvisor’s top rated bed and breakfast, too! 🙂

6. Eric
    Eric says:

Seems that Dirk is all ready for you Jesse l am waiting to start this vacation come on sweet l am ready for you babe

7. Barbara
    Barbara says:

Enjoy your time in Ireland. If you follow the legend of the brack, you should come back to Ireland to get married.<3:)

8. imre Biro
    imre Biro says:

Ket csodalatos ferfi csodas test kellemes ferfiasok erot sugaroznatok nekem energiat toltodom veletek jesse a tested farkad finom Dirk csodas farizomja van

9. Irish
    Irish says:

Welcome to Ireland. I hope you’re not going to miss out on the best part of Ireland.Sligo!! Only 2 hours north of Galway. You HAVE to come here and I’ll be your guide. It’s the real part of Ireland. Get out of the big cities!

10. fantaman85
    fantaman85 says:

Saw you guys yesterday in temple bar. Would have come to say hi but you were with a lady and I didn’t want to be out of place.

That was no lady, that was my mum. 🙂 (She told me to say that! LOL) That’s too bad, would have been lovely to meet you and she definitely wouldn’t have minded either!