VIDEO: Ian Parks (from Where the Bears Are) is FUCKING AWESOME

You may be familiar with Ian Parks, one of the stars of the hit web series Where the Bears Are. Ian is a friend mine, and also of the Titan family, having helped out as a fluffer production assistant on several productions (including my latest one, tentatively titled Jail Break).

Ian has fans all over the world. And when Dirk and I were at a bar in Dublin last month, we met a guy named James who’s a huge fan of Ian and his WTBA character, Todd “Hot Toddy” Stevens. James asked me if I could get Ian to send him a message on Facebook, just to say hello. “Really really big please!” he said. “Me and my friends adore him!”

Ian did way more than that.

When I wrote to Ian to see if he’d be willing to say hi to his biggest Irish fan, he suggested something better. “How about I make a video message for him,” he replied. “I’m Irish myself, so I’ll make something nice.” And then he proceeded to ask me a bunch of questions. How did he come up in conversation? Why is James such a big fan? And what are names of some of James’s friends who also watch the show? “I’ll give them a bunch of shout-outs,” he explained. “I like doing stuff like this for people. It’ll take, like, not even an hour of my time and it’ll make his day.”

I’m pretty sure he spent more than an hour on it… because it’s really fucking incredible. I’ve included it at the top of this post… it’s funny, sexy as all fuck, and really, really thoughtful. James’s reaction says it all:

openquoteHoly shit Jesse… Just watched that at work and nearly jumped up on my desk… Can’t believe it… That’s savage … Thank you so much for that… It has pretty much made my year — I love it… Can’t wait to show the lads and please make sure and thank Ian for me! It’s perfect — hearing him say my name… So weird !!! Really really love it… Thank you so much — that’s going straight on my FB to make all my mates jealous!”

And make them jealous it did. James’s Facebook page was quickly filled with messages like “Brilliant… what a nice guy and a nice message!” and “Well aren’t u a jammy bastard” and “Oh my fuckin god!! That’s actually amazing! I’m so jealous right now. Our friendship is over.” When I shared those messages with Ian, his response was simply this:

openquoteHaha, nice. Wish I had time to make something better.”

As humble as he is awesome. What a class act. I’m really looking forward to working with him again. For more from Ian, you can watch his demo reel at the bottom of this post… and be sure to visit the official Where the Bears Are website at WhereTheBearsAre.tv.

1. Samuel Glass Jr.
    Samuel Glass Jr. says:

I reached out to Ian about featuring him as a ‘hunk’ on my GLBT horror website. He sent me some of his best PG-rated pics! So I know he’s a really nice guy already. PLUS he’s on one of the best shows on the net, AND works as a PA for YOU GUYS??? Jelly – yes I am – SO JELLY! But he’s still a great guy.

2. MerleMerlot
    MerleMerlot says:

That was very cool of Ian and I am sure your new friend James is very thankful that you asked Ian to say helo to him.

3. Gary Thomas
    Gary Thomas says:

I was wondering what happened to Ian a little while back. I know that last time, on his facebook page, he said that he was taking a break from social media for a while. I’m a fan of You and Dirk as well as Ian so I just wanted to see if he was okay. I understand how he wanted people to know that he wasn’t trying to make enemies. So I really hope he is okay…

He’s doing fine… just taking a little break, as he mentioned. There were a couple of people who were saying some not-so-nice things (that mixture of envy and contempt, I suspect, that I was warned about early in my days with Titan), and rather then be drawn in by it, he decided to step away for a little while. I think it’s a wise move. Anyway, yup, he’s still out there and doing well!

• Dennis
        Dennis says:

I’m glad to hear Ian is doing well. Have been wondering since hes been away from social media. Take care

4. syazuka
    syazuka says:

Hello mr.Jesse i want to know that your best friends it Mr.Ian Parks..it is have the FB or media chat…if it have that can i have it…because i’m the fan for Mr.Ian Parks and your mr.jesse and mr.dirk.

Out of respect for Ian’s privacy, I’m not at liberty to share his contact information. I’m sure he appreciates the support, though!

• syazuka
        syazuka says:

Oh…ok and thanks mr.jesse jackman. By the way i like your sex action with mr.dirk and i hope you can give more your home videos…or your action videos with your love mr.dirk. And I’m support your action in videos.