Dirk and I are taking our chances… on the cover of a new book!

Take My ChancesA couple of months ago, Kaye P. Hallows, an author of M/M erotic fiction, approached me and Dirk with a very interesting proposition: would we be willing to donate a photo for the cover of Take My Chances, a new romance novella she’d written? She’d be donating 100% of the proceeds to Waltham House, a 12-person shelter for GLBTQ teens in the Boston area who are in need of a safe and nurturing environment. We agreed, of course! (Coincidentally, Waltham House is also one of the charities that my flag football league supports.)

The story is about an injured photographer (a hot one, of course) who hires a physical therapist (also hot, natch!) to help him get back on his feet and train for a marathon. A pivotal scene in the story is when Nick (the therapist) enters Jarrett’s (the patient) hallway for the first time and sees a gallery of photographs of men kissing, and thus gets his first hint that Jake might be gay himself. The cover artwork would be a rendition of that hallway.

We sent Kaye a bunch of photos for her to choose from, but to our surprise and great honor she chose to use four of them! The artwork was designed and donated by our good friend Betti Gefecht, who created our business cards last year. It was awesome of her to donate her time!

Here’s the cover of the book, as well as the original images of Dirk and me that Kaye used for it. Take My Chances was released on December 12, 2014 in both paperback and Kindle editions, and currently enjoys a 5 star rating at Amazon. We’re honored to have been able to help this great cause. Order your copy today!

1. Kevin L. Scott
    Kevin L. Scott says:

You to are such a wonderful couple. I hope to have, someday what you two share. Plus you guys always make me horny too!!!

2. Betti Gefecht
    Betti Gefecht says:

OOps, I meant “collab”, not “collar”!! Your website forced me to do it…. I had to type it three times to make your autocorrect leave it alone, LOL. Such a nasty website you have… 😉

3. Lyne Beausejour
    Lyne Beausejour says:

Awesome guys! Again you keep amazing us with your implication and all. Good for you! Now I have to add another book to my reading list and discover another author. Thank you!

4. Barbara Lampron
    Barbara Lampron says:

Me too Lyne. My tbr book list is getting longer and longer. And Jesse keep up the good work. I am also an Andrew Grey fan with both yours and Dirks photos on them.

• Lyne Beausejour
      Lyne Beausejour says:

Hey Barbara, Have you read the Andrew Grey’s Workout Collection? They are a fun read with guaranteed HEA but so much fun to read.

5. lindsayb
    lindsayb says:

You don’t have to ask twice to get me to buy a romance novel- especially for a good cause. Fantastic cover!

6. AnOnYmOuS
    AnOnYmOuS says:

I am blessed to know Kaye through Facebook. She is a amazing person and a amazing write. You guys are such a cute, handsome, and adorable couple. (this list could go on) Thank you for donating the photos for such a great cause. I am proud to say that I read and loved this book to pieces 🙂 If anyone hasn’t read Take My Chances, I suggest you do so.

7. AnOnYmOuS
    AnOnYmOuS says:

I am blessed to know Kaye through Facebook. She is a amazing person and a amazing writer. You guys are such a cute, handsome, and adorable couple. (this list could go on) Thank you for donating the photos for such a great cause. I am proud to say that I read and loved this book to pieces 🙂 If anyone hasn’t read Take My Chances, I suggest you do so.

8. Missy
    Missy says:

This post is the only place I can find saying the author is donating 100% of the profits from sales to charity. She doesn’t appear to have a website that’s been updated since 2012 either. I know I’m being picky here, but I’ve seen other seemingly charitable authors take advantage of people in this way. Can you point me to somewhere that SHE says profits go to charity? Thank you.

• Kaye P Hallows
      Kaye P Hallows says:

Missy, I appreciate your concern. Let me reassure you, please. First, I have updated my Goodreads author page to reflect my latest book and given details of the donations to date to the Waltham House. This book was published just before Christmas, and because I wanted to make my donation count, I went ahead and estimated what I might possibly expect to reap in royalties, doubled the amount, and donated $250 to the shelter. I was fully prepared to write a new check if sales warranted, and thanks to my new friends Jesse and Dirk, it looks like I will be doing so very soon. Despite the star power of my cover models, I hadn’t really anticipated the book selling outside of my normal circle, a group who know me to be a woman of my word. This has all blown me away, and I thank you all for your support. Happy reading! KPH

• Lyne Beausejour
        Lyne Beausejour says:

I have tried to download your book other than the Kindle version for I have an iPad and have been downloading books from iTunes, Smashwords, Dreamspinners and so on. Will your book be available other than with Amazon Kindle version? Thank you for your response.

There’s a free Kindle reader for iPad. Just go to the App Store and search for Kindle… It’s the first one that comes up 😉

9. Kim thorne
    Kim thorne says:

That was very sweet of you to donate the photo nice photo by the way for such a wonderful cause. I hope the book does really well so that the charity makes a lot of money. The book sounds nice too.