Classical Caber: Dirk Does Debussy… ON HIS NEW PIANO!!!!!

We did it! YOU did it!!! Dirk’s piano arrived today! Thank you so, so much to everyone who supported us via our GoFundMe campaign… Dirk and I are still completely and utterly overwhelmed! We’re busy packaging up all the premiums you guys requested… but first, here’s a brief “thank you” message from Dirk, accompanied by a video I shot of him playing it for the very first time. It’s the first of many, many more performances to come… but for now, we hope you enjoy Claude Debussy’s “La Fille aux cheveux de lin” … The Girl with the Flaxen Hair.

(If the video doesn’t play, try putting your mobile device into landscape mode first, or use this alternate link.)

THANK YOU ALL.

1. Cyn Duby
    Cyn Duby says:

*pass the kleenex* It is so wonderful *sniffle* seeing you sitting there playing YOUR piano in YOUR home and getting all misty-eyed yourself. Did Jesse sniffle with joy in the background? 😉 Thank you for, not only sharing your big moment with us, as per your usual, but also allowing us to truly be a part of, to give back to you two a bit of what you give to all of us. So, you’re welcome and thank YOU!

2. Liz
    Liz says:

Thanks for sharing this wonderful moment with us. I look forward to hearing the first Dirk Caber original composition created with your new piano. May you long make beautiful music together.

3. Lynn Schmitz
    Lynn Schmitz says:

Lovely. I’d love to hear you play Clair De Lune sometime. It was my moms favorite song and it always reminds me of her. I’m so happy to have helped in a small way. I’m glad Susan introduced us and I hope to see you again soon. — Lynn

4. Tracey
    Tracey says:

Thank you for sharing this very special moment. As a musician I have goosebumps seeing you pkaying your own piano for the first time. Such joy. I am honored to be a part of helping you go for your dream.

5. Don H
    Don H says:

You’re welcome. Hope you get your creative juices flowing soon. Looking forward to hearing great things in the future.

6. Darkhog
    Darkhog says:

So Beautiful Dirk and Jesse. Hope you two have many pleasurable moments playing and listening to the beautiful artistry that comes from this talented hands and heart of this man. Thanks for sharing!

7. kim thorne
    kim thorne says:

im glad you finally got your piano and the music you played in this video was very nice. good luck and enjoy. you deserve. it . you are a very talented and sweet and caring person . jesse too. have a nice summer.