Next Stop: Castro Street! (Video)

I shot this short video in San Francisco the other day. For those of you have been to the famous Castro district, this video will look familiar. If you’ve never been there, though, here’s a peek at what it looks like to exit the subway and walk into a part of LGBT history. I think everyone — gay, straight, cisgender, transgender, non-binary, and anyone else who doesn’t fit into any predefined category — should visit this amazing neighborhood at least once in their lifetime. It really is a powerful experience.

Update: A few of you were having trouble playing the video; I’ve just re-encoded it so it should work for everyone now!

1. Mark J.VonBank
    Mark J.VonBank says:

9/27/’17 The video is wonderful and looks like a fun place to visit. I like your happy smiles Jesse and Dirk! looks like it was a very nice weather day too!~

• Paul
        Paul says:

Doesn’t play for me either. First time this happens on your web site. Anything to do with the fact that I’m in Canada?

Turns out there might have been a problem with the video encoding. I just re-encoded it with a program that’s worked well for me in the past… please give it another try and let me know if it worked! 😀

• John
        John says:

Jesse,

Great news. I tried it this morning and the video played! I don’t know why it didn’t the other day. Great video for us New Englanders (Connecticut) that have never been to SF before to see the storied Castro street. Heard so much about it. But the best part of the video was seeing you and Dirk’s gorgeous face and both of your teeth are sooooo white. You guys are gorgeous! Thanks again!

2. Scott
    Scott says:

Cool, was through that intersection a couple months ago on a tour bus, looking forward to actually walking the neighborhood next time!

3. S. Scott Nixon
    S. Scott Nixon says:

Thanks, Jesse!! It’s nice to see you & Dirk enjoying the City 🙂 🙂 Although it’s been many years since I’ve been to San Fran I still remember how good I felt walking around the many districts and feeling that I belonged. Hoping to get back up there soon!!! You guys are the best!